Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gone Fishing

The sign said, "gone fishing...be back later..."
He knew what that sign meant.
Scanning the horizon for the figure of His child,
the form became visible on the nearby beach.

A tap on the shoulder startled then puzzled the creature...
His eyes communicated His guidance and tender mercies;
revealing His identity at once and propelling her down to her knees.

"Why do you go fishing in this sea, My child?
You don't need to take back the sins you have discarded into my care.
Look at me...stop cherishing those dead fish and come back to where you belong.
Let My word transform your mind.
Let go of those things that tie you to those cherished sins you imagine hiding from Me.
Confess them and leave the beach...I can handle their disposal."

The chains then fell off of the sin-fishing creature...
allowing the Light and the Way to invade the previously barricaded fortress...
She arose and allowed the savior to lead her back to the sign she had posted.

"Now take down the sign. You have to do it. I cannot, nor will I take it down for you.
I have waited for you to remove it from your door. Remove and permit fresh air to
infuse it; for I stand ready to provide the means for the stale air to leave."

She lifted her frame up on tip-toes to reach it...
The nail she had hung was high for her to reach...
...but after a few tries she found she could lift it; and took down the age-weathered sign from its' post.

"Fresh vision and healing are coming your way, child...the sign is now gone, and the wind rushes in. My heart overflows with rejoicing; for You have chosen obedience over familiar territory...
Crave not the dark, child; for the waters are murky...lined with sharp glass and poisons unseen to you...
...I am with you as always and invite you to lean on Me;
just as you are with no further adornment..."

The form of clay looked up through her tears of rejoicing;
responding in her spirit and knowing He heard...
the cries of her heart and the wounds of her spirit inflicted and stored as a tattered dog's quilt...
"Thank You, sweet Jesus, for coming to rescue me." was all she could say...

The rest of her spirit was writing her letter; completing the housekeeping started that day.
He waited a moment, then held out a hand to offer the invitation to continue with Him...


Lynne Hasuly

15 comments:

batgirl said...

Oh boy, do I have a bad fishing habit! What a foolish form of recreation- exhuming forgiven sins from the depths. I love your style, Lynne. Thanks!

ellehasuly said...

You are welcome. I just sort of fell into my present style over time...Thanks for the encouragement...

joy and hummus,
Lynne

batgirl said...

I just think it's cool. Everyone who writes can learn the craft- the spelling, grammar, dialogue, description, etc.- but the ideas, the "voice" is always unique because God made us each different. Many parts, one body...

ellehasuly said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Janet! I have slipped into an old habit of seeing what others can do and wondering why I even try. Then I remember that God did make each one of us to be different. Each one of us has a unique way of expressing what is in us.

Have a cup o'joy,
Lynne

Unknown said...

It is wonderful that God has thrown our sins as far as the east is from the west...it is amazing my fishing line can make it that far. Cool analogy Lynne. Thanks.

ellehasuly said...

Thanks for the responses, Janet and Christa! I am so glad that my offering resonated with you.

Have a cup o'joy,
Lynne

Unknown said...

wow

ellehasuly said...

Bill,

Your "wow" was a mouthfull! It is so encouraging to me when the lines of comfort the Lord gives me resonate with others. I was daydreaming and felt the urge to write when I wrote this post. The words pretty much fell out of me; unburdening my soul and presenting me with a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...

Coming from you, brother...wow says it all.

Thanks for the response...

Have a cup o'joy,
Lynne

Robert said...

I have to say that this blog thing is getting very interesting. I am beginning to see some outstanding work. You guys are really touching some soft spots and going for the GOLD.

It's a pleasure to read your words and visit your images.

ellehasuly said...

Thanks for your response, Robert. Feedback lets me know that I have been able to crawl out of my own head and communicate. All honor goes to the Lord, as He is the source of everything good...

Have a cup o'joy,
Lynne

batgirl said...

Robert, it is WILD- this blog thing. I'm amazed all the time. I just pray God keeps running the show, using us, inspiring us.

I love watching all the writers "come out" of their secret hiding places, not unlike the timid Munchins in the land of Oz, tentatively venturing out to meet Dorothy. (in this metaphor, I like to see myself as Glinda the good witch, assuring those Munchins that it's all right- nothing to fear.) Hey, my metaphor. I wanna be the hot chic in the sparkling gown. I hope you don't all mind that I made you the funny looking little people. Who is Dorothy? I guess she is the "reader."

Anyway, it's cool traveling on this journey with you all. Some of us have heart problems, some brain problems, and some are just losing their stuffing or courage. But we follow a path, not yellow or brick, but straight and narrow.... that leads not to some poser behind a curtain, but a great and powerful God who can and will meet all our needs.

Can anyone say, "Janet needs some sleep?"

batgirl said...

Ha! I'm too tired to spell "Munchkins" correctly.Were you wondering what a munchin is? Good night all.

ellehasuly said...

Janet,
Oddly enough, my brain supplied the necessary letter to make the word look like, "munchkin"...We are both tired because I didn't even notice the typo you mentioned...

Later...
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaah, just rest and recieve, that's the mode this piece puts me in, why bait the hook? Breakfast is on the beach prepared by the master chef Himself. Thanks for putting me in the right frame of mind to start my day

Anonymous said...

Janet,
Love the munchkin bit, it does seem like that. But I keep expecting Phil to pop up in the midst of it all.