Monday, July 30, 2007

Bridging the Gap

Ezekiel 22:30"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."


The figure of clay stands next to the edge,
looking over at the abyss and seeing the other side of the gap...
Looking up, the Spirit moved within soul and sinew;
stirring up the faith within and speaking from deep to deep...

Hands uplifted
rising skyward to reach the hem of glory...
inward locks unfastened,
releasing scrolls and spreading balm as a drawing salve...

Prayer escaping from the depths
arises to the throne of heaven...
following the Spirit's leading to bring the needs
to the awaiting altar...

Spirit walkway grows and bridges
the chasm once supporting naught but air and warfare...
strength and beauty growing
with the blessing of obedience to the call...

Angels brought to conquer sin and darkness...
building steps to bring an end to gaping loss as
strength is brought alongside struggling clay;
raising high the banner of surpassing glory...

7 comments:

batgirl said...

these last two stanzas especially are powerful. very cool, lynne.

ellehasuly said...

This was a rapid-fire piece. I am blessed that you have enjoyed it. I say that you have thrown the gauntlet down with your post on the main site, my dear...I was transported through time and brought to my knees again.

Bless you.
Have a cup o'joy,
Lynne

batgirl said...

we don't throw gauntlets around here, sister. We throw glory and encouragement and a few other things... but no gauntlets. You have a unique voice and a great way with words. You bless me all the time. Love you!

Anonymous said...

It really is amazing how God uses clay figurines to bridge the gap between Him and utter destruction. If not for His mercy, we'd fall into that abyss along with everything else. Yet still He chooses us. Great picture of hoe close we stand to the edge Lynn.

ellehasuly said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies...
I appreciate your input.

Have a cup o'joy,
...and a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...
Lynne

Unknown said...

Just read this Lynne and was blown away at how it spoke to me...each line was as if God himself was speaking to me and reminding me of what he has done...thanks for being such a willing vessel. {:-)}

ellehasuly said...

Dear Christa,

I honestly don't know how not to write. I am so overwhelmed that you have been touched by something I have written. It is the Lord working through me that produces anything of worth or beauty. You are so welcome. I am honored to write for the Lord's glory. It is the fruition of many tears, longings, and prayers...

Have that cup o'joy with a fresh taste of the bread of heaven.

Love ya!
Lynne