Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fish Bites and Frogs

My brain is a host to a school of those fish
that take the form of thoughts nipping at my soul.
They can be nasty when hungry to feed
on my insecurities and self-doubt.
The bites come out of the questioned perception
I have of my knee-jerk response to these things...
those free-floating thoughts caught harassing and hissing...

The frogs just swim by unaware of my quandry
to just let the fish feed and then move on their way...
They question the reasons I fixate on fish
and shrug off the navel that I seem to worship.

I now wonder if I should tire of swimming
with soul-nipping fish and decide to go fishing instead...
For the meat on their bones all comes from the ashes
of burnt offerings; and I'm weary from feeding the fish
when they would mercifully die out from lack of food.

I think I have a taste for a fish fry,
and take back the ground that I've given away;
I have tired of letting those fish have their feeding
and determine to send them to belly-up bay.

4 comments:

batgirl said...

Another work full of struggle and victory. I love it.

Anonymous said...

i love this, lynn. it's so quirky and out there and full of stuff that makes you wonder, "where did that come from?", she pondered, as if she really didn't know.

Anonymous said...

the more i read this the better it gets. is that because there's a school of fish in my head today and it has taken on deeper meaning? the deeper meaning was always there, i just did'nt see it. praise god for the little nippers, but those frogs are no help

ellehasuly said...

I agree that those frogs don't offer much assistance. It is quirky. That is what comes out of my brain much of the time. I don't realize all that is in what I write until after I have written it. I just sit and write when I have an image and a few phrases to begin the journey with...

Praise the Lord and pass the hummus...

I am so glad to hear from you. Thanks for commenting. It is good to hear from those that read what I write. It helps me know if I have successfully crawled out of my own head or not...

Have a cup o'joy..
Lynne