Monday, June 18, 2007

Fences are good for the sheep of his pasture

My daughter called me today. Fathers day, you know. And while we were talking, a wonderful subject came up. Fences. And how we need to remember that we are the sheep of HIS pasture and that fences help us to keep control over our lives, They keep us from going places we should not go. And keep us from doing more than we are able. But a fence is a wonderful tool becuses it does not keep us from seeing into the world the way that a wall does. And a fence allows us to look up to our heavenly father. Amen. And as the good father that he is, He is always Watching over us. Thank-you lord.

1 comment:

batgirl said...

What came to my mind here is Robert Frost: "Good fences make good neighbors." Is this true regarding a spiritual fence between us and our neighbors in the world? Hmmm...

I've got serious problems with the fence. My wool is all straggly from the time I spend rubbing against it and struggling to get under it. I have big scars from the times I've broken out. And still I linger at the fence, gazing at what still appear to be greener pastures. (even though I've gone to those pastures and found the grass to be bitter) Of course I know the fence is a gift from the Shepherd.