Monday, June 25, 2007

Creation Part Two

In the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; with out him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. That light shines in the darkness, put the darkness has not understood. John 1: 1-5 NIV

I was at home saturday and sunday watching over my flock of two cats and two dogs. Being home alone without people is very rare for me. It is also very hard for me. So I keep busy by doing small chores. Only this time the needs of the animals
over rides all other needs both recreational and project wise. It's like when God says to you " Be still ! I have everything under control, REALLY" . The weather is so wonderful and I could be DOING so much. But I watch my little flock and enjoy the cool
breeze as it flows through the house.

I tried to publish this piece earlier today (sunday) but I was unable to get it up on the page. God really wanted me to be still and I really needed to listen. So I did.

I saw the scripture that I began with and knew that what I had originally written came from my head ( the darkness) and not from THE WORD. so even though it was a good piece, I'm sure that God wanted me to sit with him a little longer.

But the point I really want to make is that God made EVERYTHING in the beginning. As artist's, tradesmen,writers,mothers , and fathers, even people of the sciences, I know you are out there, the list is as big as God himself. Everything we feel, smell, touch, and experience has been created by God.
A lot of what we have today has been rearranged by man to do something. But the bottom line is that God made all the basic material, the physics, the math, the colors, the chemistry, all that we know about, and things yet to be revealed, in the beginning. And we have all been gifted by God to use this stuff.
The problem is that we are flawed. All this stuff can be used for good or evil. That is where the REAL problem comes into existance. AND that is when I have to let God be God and pray to let him run the show. He is far better at it than I will ever be. And I am thankful that Jesus is REAL. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. I enjoyed it immensely. Yes, Jesus is real. I am so thankful for that...

Lynne