Thursday, October 4, 2007

REDEMPTION UNFOLDED by Judy Biltcliffe

Majesty bows in obedient genuflection to the will of the Most High
"here am I, send me"
Humility in literal motion
Beauty the interloper takes a stance
Amidst all that refuses to yield
Love reposes itself against a backdrop of flesh and grace and willingness
Compassion grows
And strolls the darkness
A lily among thorns
Joys' countenance betrayed by the carnage of the human heart
Recompense counted out with so many blows to the flesh
God's bargain for ransomed humanity in the temple of war's theater
Death's toll pays the price
As glory's reprieve voices itself among the unheard moans of angels
It is finished!
Grief and love embrace over a poured out drink offering
fragrance and linen caress the emptied vessel as
Darkness closes in on light
God's indescribable gift left unopened
Resurrection descends
Forced to retrieve what it did not take
Return to earth
Faithfulness springs forth with a scattering of gifts abroad
God ascends amid shouts of joy
The Lord to thunderous trumpet applause
Victory fashions a crown of love and compassion
For all who would bow down to receive
For those who believe
The light shines in the darkness
For He has done it!

7 comments:

ellehasuly said...

Woo hoo! Preach it, sister...there is much to celebrate in this piece.
The devotional content propels my thoughts and my spirit towards the throne of heaven.

Have a cup o'joy
and a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...

Lynne

Unknown said...

This is one I want to revisit more than once! Judy, how lovely this is. It just makes me want to shout in victory. All hail King Jesus!

batgirl said...

Wowwy wow wow! And halleluiah too. I'm snapping my fingers here. We must read our stuff out loud- all of us- sometime at a meeting. This piece was a cool surprise!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ladies, thank you Jesus!

ellehasuly said...

You are welcome, Judy! See you tomorrow?

Love,
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try, but I'm not feeling so hot this week. By the way Lynn, great stuff on your blog.

ellehasuly said...

Thanks, Judy:). I am thankful that the Lord has given me something to share...

I hope to see you at the creative worship event:).

Have a cup o'joy
and a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...