Thursday, May 31, 2007

Walking on the Wire

Taking on the day
that the Lord has made,
I try to rejoice and be glad.
My brain is full of messages and replaying images
vying for my focus and cluttering my thoughts.
turning to the Lord in entreaty and faith,
it seems I am walking on the wire between faith and and anguish.
Double-minded walking...the thought pierces me and brings me low.
He is worthy to receive honor,
worthy to receive praise,
and yet I am walking on the wire between faith, trust, and white-knuckle tension.
I look beneath the wire I see in my mind
and see the grass below looming as a ravenous lion in a den-like cave...
A hand pulls my head up to focus on Jesus,
and His eyes bring me back to the knowing of grace...
to trust in His mercy
I will just have to trust Him,
and moment by moment relinquish my all
.

2 comments:

batgirl said...

resonated with me...

ellehasuly said...

I seem to be drawn towards the intense side of life these days. I am thankful that the poem resonated with you. There is a typo in it that actually works with the rest of the poem. Isn't God good? Thanks again for posting for me. I pray that it is indeed a blessing to many.
Love ya,
Lynne