Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dig

Here's some lyrics I wrote...

Dig

I dug below the frostline but I couldn't find the clues

and I dug for buried treasure just so I could pay my dues

now I'm digging through this catalogue for something I can use


but I still


can't bury the pain




I've been digging in the garbage, I've been digging in the dust

I brushed away the broken glass and dusted off the rust

I've been digging like I cared and I'm digging 'cause I must


but I still


can't bury the pain




Artifacts

Tombs

Fossils

Bones

Links

in the chain


and the pain



I once dug a foundation where I thought I'd like to stay
then I had to dig a tunnel just so I could get away

now I'm living in this trench so I can fight another day


and I still


can't bury the pain




Artifacts

Tombs

Fossils

Bones

Links

in the chain...

4 comments:

batgirl said...

I really dig this. (sorry, I had to say that.) I do though. So cool. I want to hear it sung and played. So glad you posted it!

You might not have guessed that I'm a big Randy Travis fan. I like his song Diggin Up Bones.

Like Joe says, "every heart has pain." But ONE DAY...

Helios Power and Control said...

Bill! woof! big bill pratt can write, play, arrange, conduct, and he's my sensei. this number could go at the speed of Tombstone Blues, or at a leonard cohen pace. it could be hip hop, spoken word (you sing better than bill shatner), or growled like willard grant conspiracy. if you want randy travis to do it, ok, but it screams die job to me. and i'm in a band with this guy? and i know you feel it, too. well done.

Unknown said...

That is deep! Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

the lyrics areamazing. The emotional impact of those clipped last lines is intense, and the imagery is highly effective.