Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mental Explosion

Tossing my skeleton out of the closet,
the air rushing out is a brisk and cold wind,
removing the stench of dead flesh and old boxes, and revealing a part of
the picture previously hidden from me.
The closet looks as if something is missing,
I am jolted by the sight of my skeleton gone.
Hooks and buttons I had used to secure it fell off.
They clutter the floor at my feet.
The skeleton leaves a good portion of floor space, and the room puzzles me at first;
for moss had begun to grow on my skeleton, and had begun to
grow on all of its' parts. The bones had been hanging out loudly;testy to come out and roam;
light has entered the space and given the green light to clean and remove
the rotted garments that skeleton had worn.
New garments hang in my old closet, and beckon me with, "Come and try us on now. We have waited for you to clean out the old garments, and the bones that have darkened the room for so long. Burst the old wineskins and put on the new duds; for the Father had given His blessing to you; to restore all of what has been eaten by locusts
and give a new image for the closet to view."

5 comments:

batgirl said...

Why we keep those skeletons around is beyond me. They're worthless, not even good enough to put in the yard sale. God suggested a couple of places for them: as far as the east is from the west, or at the bottom of the sea. I like the new wineskins image. Thanks.

Helios Power and Control said...

all right, Lynne! if kafka were saved, he might have jumped in this direction. instead of the poor dude turning into a cockroach, he might have discovered himself a new creature. do you know charles williams? bless you, phil

ellehasuly said...

Kafka? Cool beans, brother! No, I am not familiar with Charles Williams' work. I will have to look him up and investigate. This offering fell out of me and jumped onto the page, for the most part; at 3 a.m. about a week or so ago. The brain brews some funky stuff, doesn't it??? Praise the Lord and pass the hummus I was able to reach something inside of others that touches a recognized chord. Thanks for letting me know you were blessed.

Love ya, bro...
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. Why do we wait so long to let Him? She pondered,as if she didn't know. Meanwhile, the moss grew on her bones.

ellehasuly said...

Phil,
I have always thought that Kafka was...nuts...I was concerned that I had misplaced my sensibilities after writing this one. However, I do believe that this verbal explosion of sorts has communicated an intimate aspect of our walk with the Lord. Leaving behind those things that would weigh us down is a good thing. As we leave our burdens at the foot of the cross, we can rest assured that He will take care of them...and us as only He can.

Blessings on your day, Phil...
Peace, brother...as you have that cup o'joy with a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...

Lynne