Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ready

I am armed and dangerous;
dangerous to the shadows,
a threat to the drain of the discouraging voice...
I'm "getting my praise on" and warming up the rockets;
ready to break through the walls,
stand up on the rooftops,
sing in invitation to the presence of the Lord
as my feet melt off traces of clay
onto the path;
onto the choices that I am compelled to make.
Praying that the fiesty streak
bubbling up within my spirit is indeed from His hand;
I arm myself for battle;
and rest in the confidence I have in Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big AMEN! to that sister. Divine weaponry laid in our hands making us partakers of the Divine nature. Yahoo and cowabunga to every discouraging voice that even attempts to make us believe otherwise. Ooh Lynn, thanks for the uplift. Woohoo!

ellehasuly said...

I am deeply thankful that I was able to share something that was of benefit...

Have a cup o'joy
and a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...

Lynne

batgirl said...

Here's to being dangerous. I really like this one, Lynne. I'm going to read it Sunday morning before church to get me pumped for worship!