Monday, April 14, 2008

Quiet Trust

In quietness and trust,
my soul shall rely;
knowing past conscious reason
the source of my strength...
That still, small voice
arriving after the storm winds;
providing support beams to the earthen hut
carried around on feet of clay...
In quietness and trust,
I reach past the often cold comfort of reason's grasp;
holding onto each moment...
...wide-eyed in anticipation of the divine circumstance
that will make every valley smooth
...and every mountaintop perch enduring...
His quiet rest sets the trusses upon solid ground;
fortifying my being
and sustaining the flame entrusted to mortal flesh.

4 comments:

batgirl said...

Lovely. I love the idea that trust and rest go beyond reason, beyond consciousness. Cool.

ellehasuly said...

If trust and rest depended upon human reason, then we would be royally...stuck, let us say...:).

Thanks for the comment.

Cup o'joy
and a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Love that last line. It's a reality that gives one pause. What is man that HE should entrust US? My goodness it's enough to make me go into one of those Curly (Three Stooges) floor spins.

ellehasuly said...

Those floor spins leave me dizzy, Judy. Take a dramamine and wait ten minutes before you think about reading it again...:)....It is truly amazing that God would choose to inhabit such fragile, flawed, and broken creatures.

Thanks for the comment:).

Love ya,
Lynne