Friday, February 8, 2008

No Strings Attached

Chelsey Rubin

A sign of you nearby appears
My heart skips a beat...
The sight of you takes away my tears,
Every time we meet,
The others took advantage of me,
Why couldn't they be nice?
I learned that love does not come free,
It requires sacrifice,
You too possess some ugliness,
But things I can ignore.
Frankly, you are quite a mess,
But you still have allure,
I choose you out of all the rest,
Although you hide in back,
To me you are the very best,
My lovely clearance rack.

*note: Chelsey admits that this work is a result of Algebra boredom:) Let's hear it for the arts!

** another note: Chelsey turns 17 on Sunday. Happy Birthday, Chelsey!

11 comments:

batgirl said...

I thought it important to note that Chelsey DOES get A's in Algebra...otherwise I woulnd't encourage her math-time poetry:)

ellehasuly said...

Woo hoo and a bottle of pepsi:). This was neat, Chelsey! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Joy,
Lynne Hasuly

Unknown said...

This rocks! I love what is birthed as a result of school boredom. Keep up the good work Chelsey both in school and as a result of school.

Helios Power and Control said...

chelsey! woof! does ogden nash appear to you in dreams? wallace stevens? i wouldn't let that dodgy e.e. cummings past the windowsill, if i were you. you're too good for reader's digest, young lady. welcome to the mob. bless you, phil

Anonymous said...

This is good on so many levels Chelsea, making it rereadable which brings me to comment again that this is good on so many levels.

Robert said...

What is going on here. I just wrote a blog and spoke of how beauty and creativity can come from the bargain bin. Cool. You just made my day.
From the hearts of young people,
Come wisdom for us all.
Happy Birthday.
Robert.

ellehasuly said...

Chelsey,
I think living with your mom has rubbed off on you. I am sure the DNA doesn't impede your creativity, either. Keep it up and welcome to the posse!

Joy to you...

Anonymous said...

Thanks bunches to all y'alls sweet comments. Thank you :D

Chelsey

ellehasuly said...

Come on over and post again sometime, Chelsey. I am waiting to see what else you come up with in Algebra class. Keep the A average first, though:).

Joy,
Lynne Hasuly

Unknown said...

wow

ellehasuly said...

Chelsey,
You have received a "wow" from Bill. Honey, you have arrived:).

Joy to you,
Lynne