Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Indecision

Lynne Hasuly

I can't tell you
what I'm doing...
In truth,
I'm not sure I want to know...
the actions of my flesh as my body's held in tow...
Can't seem to decide whether to stay or to go...
flooded by alternating streams
and dry river beds
left arid and wanting from repeated assaults...
deliver me, Lord.
Deliver me from the pull of dark angels
heading away from Passion's flood...
restore my mind quickly;
placing my feet on unshifting foundations
and uniting my will to seek Your presence.

3 comments:

batgirl said...

yes, yes, yes. honest, familiar prayer. Jesus is our sanity. "alternating streams and dry river beds." I like that line. Perfect image to describe the condition of the reborn soul still swaddled in fallen flesh. I like this Lynne.

Unknown said...

What a great description of the war between our spirit and flesh. Thanks for this Lynne.

ellehasuly said...

You're welcome, ladies:). Life in these earth suits is what it is. Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that I communicated what I was intending to communicate.

Joy,
Lynne