Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hide Me

Hide me, Lord;
for I am unsure
that the eyes of perception
will match the statement of reality.
Fear offers its'whispers
and lends me its' cloak;
cold comfort
isolating me
from believing in warmth.
Hide me, Lord;
as the one who paid so willingly
for what I cannot afford to live without.
Protect me, Lord;
as I am unsure
where I went wrong;
help buoy me up
and restore Your courage
to my faltering spirit.
Forgive me for the avoidable
failings and foibles
drawn into with willing hands...
and restore the years
that the locusts have eaten.

2 comments:

batgirl said...

as one who paid so willingly for what i cannot afford to live without...

another good one. thanks, lynne!

ellehasuly said...

You're welcome:). See you Sunday?

Cup o'joy
and a fresh taste of the bread of heaven...

Lynne