Saturday, April 7, 2007

"To Do Today"

Proverbs 13:12 - Hope deferred makes the heart sick…

Tick... The lawn needs mowing
Tock... The car needs an oil change

Tick... There are ants on the carpet
Tock... There is rot in the deck

Tick... The porch is sagging
Tock... The roof is 20 years old

Tick... The windows are open and it might rain
Tock... The bills are due

Tick... There won’t be enough
Tock... I weigh too much

Tick... I’m tired
Tock... death


Talk? The lawn needed mowing

Listen? The car needed attention

Care? There were ants in the carpet

Accept? There was rot in the deck

Share? The porch was sagging

Grow? The roof needed attention

Respect? There was a chance of rain

Live? The bills were due

Love? I was afraid there wouldn’t be enough

Trust? I was unhappy with myself

Give? I was tired

Hope? died

5 comments:

batgirl said...

thank you for sharing this, bill. made me cry. and think.

Helios Power and Control said...

there's an embarrassment of emotional riches here, bill, and i want to send this to my kids. thanks for a very chocolaty meditation. bless you, phil

Unknown said...

Bill, wow.

Unknown said...

Also, I'm in the same boats as Janet and Phil...with the exception of having a daughter to send it to. POWERFUL!

ellehasuly said...

There is a lot to mentally chew on in this post. Bill, thanks for sharing it with us. It does get rough walking around in these earthsuits sometimes. Your post made me think...

Have a cup o'joy,
Lynne